Little Green Reminders

A real conversation I had a lunch:

Me: "Do you think they would notice if I took that plant?"
Seminarian: "Probably not."
Me: " I really want some plants for my office."

I didn't take the plant, I promise.

Fast forward to me standing at the microwave a couple days later, feeling kind of yucky because I was kind of sick and mopey. One of the ladies I work with, whose plants I had complimented before, comes up to me: "Hey, do you want some plants?"
Me: "Really?"
Her: "Yeah, 'so and so' has some he wants to give away."
Me: "Yes!" :D (this was probably how my face actually looked at that point).

And now...

I'm living that plant life.

Oh, and no big deal, but that day the Gospel reading was from Matthew, specifically 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Sometimes I vocalize things that I would like, without particularly praying "Hey God, I would like some plants for my office." And He looks down at me and smiles and gives me what I asked for. A good reminder about how well cared-for I am.

Comments

Popular Posts