Jezu Ufam Tobie


I've been trying to design something for Divine Mercy Sunday. For today. I don't know what it is that makes you able to create something - but whatever it is, I've been severely lacking in it. I suppose that's a job hazard - when you have to produce regularly for a job, finding creativity outside of work seems like a task. It's hard to get out of the mentality that it's work.

It is out of love that I want to make something beautiful for this day. It's like when you meet a new friend, and you find out when their birthday is and you  want to make sure that you get them just the right thing. That is how I've felt for the past two years on this day, after I encountered the Lord's mercy in a real way in Poland.

But all I have to give is this little thing - simple words, and little colors. I suppose, though, that that is the point. I have little, if anything, to give, and Jesus empties out His mercy on me anyway.

The past few months have been a continual encounter with His mercy. A lot of times it came in the form of a gentle correction, when I thought He was something that He's not, and that He expected something of me that He didn't. This is where one of my favorite quotes comes in - "Reality is better than ideas." The reality of who Jesus is, who His father is, is so much better than the idea I've made of Him. And it is with great love that He continues to reveal Himself to me - so that I can live in reality and not in darkness.

Oh, blood and water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in you.

Comments

Popular Posts