Let's share a meal.

Mass is the best part of my day, every day. I love to share meals with people. I love Belle Isle and Detroit. So, on Sunday, a friend, a bro, and me smashed them all together and like 75 people showed up and we had enough food and it was pretty much wonderful and a huge blessing.

Mass <3
The picnic table that saved the day.
THESE GUYS.
We all thought this shelter would be too small. Turns out...PERFECT.
What a way to end the evening.

I jotted down a list of blessing from this day:

I brought these little containers to put flowers in, but I didn't have any flowers, so I threw up a prayer and I found some flowers in the little field next to our shelter
We were a little (lot) low on seating and the shelter next to ours had a really long picnic table they let us borrow.
The weather could. not. have. been. better.
Everyone brought a bunch of food.
Person after person who asked "How can I help?" and some people who just started to do things (mom skills for the win).
Even though I kind of originally planned it to be a young-adulty aged event, families showed up (with babies!) and older priests and it was just a good group.
3 priests, a deacon, and a seminarian server showed up for our little mass in the park. 
One seminarian who had already gone to mass cooked chicken while we prayed, thanks be to God.

-

All for Jesus. All from Jesus. Praise be Jesus Christ.



Comments

Popular Posts