A little bit of everything


I attended a baptism on Saturday. A little girl named for two saints claimed for Christ. I sat in my pew at St Joes and smiled.
-
I visited someone in a hospital. As I was sitting in the waiting room, someone walked by on the phone. The words that tumbled out of their mouth were something like "I'm at the hospital...yeah...tried to kill herself..."
-
Families gathered around a table and so many little feet. A little one sits on my lap and smiles at me.
-
My heart is broken and healed all in one day. What a wonder to be human.
-
I have been thinking a lot about St. Maximilian Kolbe and the conclusion that I have come to is this: that guy loves me a lot. And I'm not really sure why. I guess God was like "Hey, this girl is gonna need you a lot, so, you know, she's yours" and he was like "Yes, Lord" 'cause that's how he'd do it and now he's stuck with me. I'm really grateful, though. 
-
How do you save the world? How do you help the girl in the hospital who tried to kill herself? How do you save the kids living in poverty? How do you help the seniors who are alone?
-
The world is little when Love is great.

Comments

Popular Posts