Good Father Joseph

I sat across from my spiritual director a couple years ago and I said "I can see it with St. Joseph - that fatherhood, watching out for me, protecting me. I can't see it for God the Father. I can sit in it with St. Joseph. I can't with the Father."

My spiritual director at the time (Fr. Joe, bless him) said "That's ok. Stay with Joseph."

I think God gave us Joseph most especially for those of us who struggle with God as Father. I imagine the Lord saying "I know you feel alone. Here is Joseph. He is going to walk with you, he is going to hold your hand, he is going to protect you. I know I seem far, but when Joseph is close, I am close too." 

Joseph has walked day in and day out with me, he was the first man I let inside my heart, and eventually, we walked right into Jesus, then, to the Father. Some days I lean on him more than others, but I know he is always there, walking alongside me. Blessed feast day good, diligent, father Joseph. 


Comments

Popular Posts