Little, Big Miracle


I have a niece. Bright and beautiful and sleeping far too much during the day and not enough during the night, according to my brother. My brother and sister-in-law are overwhelmingly amazing already and that baby. Oh, that baby. That baby makes you believe in miracles.

Someone asked me: "Any reflections on being an aunt?"

All I have is: I didn't know you could love someone so much in so short an amount of time.

What a merciful Father we have - one that gives us little girls with wrinkled fingers and down-soft dark hair to remind him that He loves us, and makes our hearts big enough to love them so much. 

I sat in the back of a church the day she was born and I whispered to the tabernacle - I know you and your promises, Jesus, and you make good on all of them. I know you. I know you. 

I know you.

Comments

Popular Posts