Weekend blessings

Friday night, I sat around a fire with some teenage girls and we ate s'mores and talked about life and food and plans. I want to tell them that it's OK to not know. I want to give them permission to not know what they want to do with their lives and that it's OK to not have a plan and it's OK, as long as they are staying close to Jesus.

Saturday, I spent the morning out and about and bought new clothes and walked around the little town I live in. There is something very nice about getting new clothes. I spent the evening with these little ones:


They have a lot of energy, so a quiet moment like this was very sweet. We jumped on the trampoline and ate biscuits and gravy and the baby got big!

Sunday, I went to mass and the priest dropped this truth bomb during his homily:

I cleaned, I cooked for the week, I watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and ate Cadbury eggs. Then I went running. I decided I want to combine two things I love to help keep me motivated to run: Photography/design and running. 

Get it? 2 miles? It was the first time I've run in close to two months, besides soccer, so it was a struggle, but a good one.


Only now did I realize that this is the same picture as the one I used for the other picture. Well.

My brother's birthday was Sunday, so we down to Detroit and ate some killer hamburgers and tater tots and I didn't get a picture of that, but sometimes that's OK. 

And so.

I am thankful for:
  • sore legs from running
  • beautiful metroparks
  • vacuumed floors
  • great homilies!
  • brothers and Detroit and tater tots
  • little quiet moments
  • warm weather weekend
  • a balanced weekend



Comments

Popular Posts